Terms and Conditions of Use of Website
This site is an online information service supplied by the British Chamber of Commerce for Italy (hereinafter “the BCCI”). Its use is subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions stated below.
Any person accessing the site (“the User”) expressly consents to these terms and conditions. Therefore should the User disagree with the same, in whole or part, the BCCI requires the User not to use the site and not to download any material or document.
This site and the material contained as text, images, graphic designs, software or any other work of art constitute intellectual property covered by copyright and therefore is protected by law. The breach of such rights may lead to the application of criminal or administrative sanctions as provided by Italian and International law.
When the source of the contents is indicated, the titleholder and the respective licensors are the exclusive owners of the respective rights. Where not otherwise indicated, all rights belong exclusively to the BCCI.
The material contained in this site may not be reproduced, by any means, digital or otherwise, directly or indirectly, temporarily or permanently, in part or in whole, without the written authorization of BCCI or its respective owners, with the exception of reproduction solely and exclusively for personal use.
All marks, whether registered or not, and any trademark contained in the site belong to their legitimate owners and cannot be licensed or utilized other than where expressly indicated.
The name, logo and trademark within the site shall not be used on any other site without the written consent of BCCI. Any different use of the site and of the material contained therein may be considered as a breach of the law and the terms and conditions of use of this site.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The information contained on the site is supplied in good faith by the BCCI who is responsible for keeping it up to date so as to facilitate public access to the information concerning the activity of BCCI and those of third parties, providing its best efforts for timely and accurate information. Nevertheless, the BCCI declines all liability concerning the material and information published on the site.
All the information present on the site is given without any guarantee, implicit or explicit, unless otherwise expressly provided for.
The BCCI will not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage caused by the use of the site. User is advised that the information contained in the site may be technically inaccurate or may contain typing mistakes.
The information may be modified or updated without notice.
The BCCI shall not be held liable for damage of any kind deriving from an internet breakdown, a misuse by third parties and/or for the loss of software or data.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
The conditions above are governed by Italian law.
The Milan Court shall be exclusively competent to judge any controversy in any way linked to these terms and conditions. Nevertheless BCCI holds the right, should it be deemed necessary, to act in front of a Court of any different Country in order to protect its interests and right.
The site contains links to other websites. BCCI has no control over the content of third party sites and is not responsible for any information contained on those sites, nor is BCCI responsible for the privacy policies of those sites and the information they may gather expressly or automatically.
Any User who decides to visit a linked site does so at User’s own risk. User shall accept the responsibility to take all necessary measures against viruses, Trojans and malware.
The BCCI cannot be held liable for any damage deriving from the use of other linked websites.
Any link to another site does not mean the BCCI sponsors or is affiliated with the entities mentioned in such sites.
RIGHT TO PRIVACY
Information received by BCCI
Any material sent to the BCCI via e-mail or by means of the World Wide Web, shall be considered to be of a non confidential nature. The BCCI shall not, therefore, have any obligation concerning the said material and shall have no restriction or limitation in using, reproducing, transforming it or revealing or distributing it to third parties or deriving works of art from it. Further the BCCI shall have the right to use all ideas, concepts, know how or technical knowledge contained in such material for any scope including, but not limited to development, production, marketing of such material. Any person that sends material agrees to release and hold harmless the BCCI from any and all claims that may be raised by third parties in connection with such material.
Legislative Decree 196/2003 (the “Privacy Act”) sets forth a wide range of provisions aiming to ensure that personal data is processed respecting the rights, fundamental freedoms and dignity of individuals, particularly with regard to privacy and personal identity. It further aims to ensure the protection of the rights of companies and other legal entities.
This section describes how personal information of web site Users and of others providing personal data in order to have access to the Services – is collected, registered and processed.
1. The information is provided only with regards to the BCCI website and not in connection to other websites the User may have access to using links.
2. A User may provide spontaneously their personal data which will be processed and used by BCCI for the purposes inherent to the services required.
3. The communication of personal data is optional and voluntary. If the User does not communicate the data, BCCI may not be able to provide the services required.
4. A User’s personal data may be communicated to subsidiaries, controlled or affiliated companies, or to companies forming part of the BCCI network, or to individuals, entities, professional firms providing advisory and consulting services to BCCI. In any of these cases, the User shall be informed of the purposes of the processing for which the data are intended and the data shall not be used for any other scope.
5. A User’s personal data shall be processed by means of computer processing systems and only for the period of time strictly necessary for the purposes they are collected.
6. A User’s personal data shall be processed respecting the security measures provided for by the Privacy Act in order to prevent the loss of data or fraudulent of unauthorized use thereof or unauthorized access thereto.
7. A User shall have all the rights provided for by paragraph 7 of the Privacy Act, and, in particular, the right to have access to his personal data, to obtain the erasure, anonymization or blocking of data which have been processed unlawfully, including those the keeping of which is not necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or subsequently processed; the right to the updating, rectification or, where interested therein, completion of the data; the right to object, in whole or in part, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data relating to him, even though relevant to the purpose of the collection.
9. The Data controller is the BCCI.
10. For the exercise of the rights mentioned herein or for further information on the matter, a User may contact BCCI at the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Milan, 1st September 2014