The relationship between The British Chamber of Commerce for Italy and DIT is long established as we work together on an almost daily basis to support bilateral trade in Italy.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is a department for the whole of the UK with overall responsibility for promoting UK trade across the world and attracting foreign investment, helping UK-based companies succeed in the global economy. It also helps overseas companies bring their high-quality investment to the UK’s dynamic economy.
DIT offers a range of unique services and contacts through the launch of www.GREAT.gov.uk, the online digital service which connects UK and foreign businesses with its extensive network of online tools and specialists in the UK, and diplomatic offices around the world.
It provides UK companies with the tools they require to become familiar with overseas business practices and compete on the world stage, helping them to achieve their potential overseas through exporting.
UK Businesses can:
- register online for DIT export opportunities across more than 100 foreign markets, published daily by DIT staff in the UK across more than 100 foreign markets.
- read guidance for new, occasional and frequent exporters.
- find Open to Export, the online service for exporters, supported by DIT.
- arrange a face to face meeting with a specialist DIT international trade adviser.
- register for the Find a Buyer tool which from early 2017 will connect export-ready UK businesses with overseas buyers of products and services.
Overseas Companies can:
- access a single entry point for the UK: invest, sell, study and visit, linking through to the Visit Britain and the British Council websites and the Investment pages.
- From 2017, use the Find a Supplier tool to find British Businesses by sector and find investment opportunities through the sector showcase, product or service.
DIT also has responsibility for foreign direct investment (FDI), encouraging businesses to invest in the UK. Through GREAT.gov.uk prospective investors can explore the UK investment offer including specific information and video content on key business sectors. Investors can register their interest through a simple online enquiry form which will connect them with our professional advisers that can provide sector and market information, location guidance and practical help for setting up and running a UK operation. Once you are established, DIT will remain available to your operation, helping you grow and access export markets from your UK base. Our investment services are independent, confidential, highly professional and free of charge.
DIT has an Italian network with a main office in Milan at the British Consulate General. Its trade and investment activities cover the whole country with a number of flexible and targeted services in different sectors.